Sunday 30 January 2011

Last of the carrot harvest.

I dug up the last of the carrots yesterday and I washed them for cooking tomorrow.  They are a little moth eaten but they will do.  I am amazed that they survived the very cold weather but you can see that they have suffered a little.  When you have peeled them and diced them you cannot tell how they looked beforehand so I am not worried about how they look now. 



I bought home a few of the smaller parsnips to make soup out of.  I have the others in a clamp on the allotment now because I needed to dig where they were.  You can see that these had a little bit of canker at the tops.  I have cut most of it off but there is still some showing.  That will be cut off when I am peeling them. 

Parsnips

These are the last of the beetroot.  They are not bad but a little small.  They really need to be cooked because they are begining to go over now. I had to put quite a few in the compost bin. 



A good lot of Brussel sprouts.  These are Trafalgar and they taste very sweet.  Never ever eat frozen Brussel sprouts they are foul. 

Brussel Sprouts 

No comments:

Post a Comment