Thursday 5 May 2011

The rain cometh

The rain cometh and (missed out a bit about the snow)  returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, and giveth seed 


But we could do with a bit more.


Didn't do very much down the allotment today.  I planted some chives in a pot for my herb garden, planted some pink strawberries, messed about planting a few more winter cauliflowers and cleared a bit more of the allotment too far.


 The pink strawberry is probably Fragaria x Comarum "Pink Pander"  


A fantastic bloke on the allotment site gave me an old mower to mow down the side of my allotment.  I will  use it on other paths as well but I am well chuffed about being able to keep the grass cut on the track way along side the allotment.  I took it up and down the path several times and the grass looks so much better.  I will keep this up every week and maybe I will get a pathway looking like a lawn.  



1 comment:

  1. It cometh and it passeth by. Let's hope it reurneth soon!

    ReplyDelete